I have learned to live with voice mail as a necessary part of modern life. But I have often wondered, what if God had voice mail? Imagine praying and hearing this: "Thank you for calling my Father's House.
Please select one of the following four options:
Press 1 for requests
Press 2 for thanksgiving
Press 3 for complaints
Press 4 for all other inquiries"
What if God used the familiar excuse: "All the angels are helping other customers right now. Please stay on the line. Your call will be answered in the order it was received."
Can you imagine getting these kinds of responses as you called on God in prayer? "If you would like to speak with:
- Gabriel, press 1
- Michael, press 2
- For any other angel, press 3
- If you'd like King David to sing a Psalm for you, press 4
- To find out if a loved one has been assigned to Heaven, enter his or her social security number.
- For reservations at my Father's House, press the letters J O H N followed by the numbers 316.
- For answers to nagging questions about dinosaurs, the age of the earth, and where Noah's ark is, wait until you get here.
- Our computers show that you have called once today already. Please hang up immediately.
- The office is closed for the weekend. Please call again on Monday after 9:00 a.m."
Thank God you can't call Him on voice mail -- you only need to ring once and God hears you.
You never get a busy signal.
God takes each call and knows each caller personally.
Thank God you have never called Him and been told His computer was down.